Established commercial and residential landscaping company seeks a reliable team member to grow with the company. Experience is required and the company will train. We have a great company culture and believe in keeping our team happy and healthy! You will have an opportunity to learn and grow within the company. Compensation is based on experience.
***Clean NYS Driver’s License and Authorization to work in the United States Required***
Job Type: Hourly
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Can work in all weather conditions (spring/summer/fall/winter).
- Hard worker able to adapt and work well with other employees, communicate throughout the day with supervisors, and properly fill out timesheets and work orders.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment. Especially at job sites (Commercial and Residential).
- Perform duties such as landscape & lawn maintenance, mulching, fertilizing, seasonal décor, watering, mowing, and pruning.
- Have a working knowledge of plant material and proper planting techniques
- Can lift up to 50lbs
- Responsible for loading and unloading trucks at start and end of day making sure that tools and equipment are secure and accounted for.
- 8-12 hour shift
- Maintenance 2-3 Years (Preferred)
- Landscaping: 2-3 years(Preferred)
- Lawn Care: 2-3 years (Preferred)
- Can operate all landscaping equipment
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance (Preferred)
- General labor: 3+ years (Preferred)
Benefits and Incentives:
- Room to grow with company training
- Professional development assistance and counseling
- Annual Sign On Bonus
- Paid Overtime
- Company uniform
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- South Western Nassau County
Elegant Lawns and Landscaping, Inc. is an established Landscape Design and Construction firm serving Long Island, the 5 boroughs, New Jersey and lower Westchester areas. Our company provides high quality, innovative landscape design, construction and maintenance services as well as retailing landscape plantings, unique garden elements and furnishings.
At Elegant Lawns and Landscaping, Inc., we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. We offer a supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home and offers growth within the company as well as professional development.
We are adding full time Production Managers and Landscape Crew Leaders positions to our team.
You’d be the primary contact for your clients, building long-term relationships that foster satisfaction, retention, and ancillary sales. You’d also oversee field operations and work with the crew to deliver fantastic service in the field.
- Client Satisfaction:
- Developing and maintaining long-term relationships with clients
- Performing site walkthroughs with clients to ensure quality and service expectations are met
- Facilitating the resolution of client concerns to ensure renewal
- Proactively presenting site enhancement ideas to your clients
- Generating referrals from existing clients and passing them to the Business Developer
- Developing accurate estimates for new and existing clients, maintaining acceptable gross margins that support the branch’s financial goals
- Assisting in overall leadership of the crew
- Coordinating with the Branch Administrator to ensure branch databases contain up-to-date client information
- 1 year minimum of supervisory experience in the landscape or service industry
- An associate’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience (Preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within an organization, the landscaping industry or local marketplace(Preferred)
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- The ability to coach and develop teams
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off